Today (23rd of May 2016) a two-day criminological conference is starting. It is focused on acts motivated by hate.
The first day is dedicated to students-PhD candidates panels, while the second will be focusing on expert discussions. It will start with Jakub Kościółek speech concerning our recent research on hate speech in media.
During the conference we will examine the following topics and themes:
– definitions and legal aspects referring to hate motivated crimes
– forms of hate crimes (hate speech, cyber bullying, etc.)
– perpetrators and victims of the hate crimes
– links between hate crimes and different forms of discrimination
– the rationalization of hate crime criminalization
Please be welcome in Main Hall of Collegium Novum of Jagiellonian University.
More information and program at: